Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2005
Gnutella Jewel

mstfyd is flying high
Default Rant

Yes, it's still soon enough (after search results) to title this the way I did. Although my original post of about a year ago said the same thing, a couple others responded & said it was a good idea, & others have posted the same idea on their own, the suggestion of having a music/whatever wanted forum section seems to have never picked up steam.

After I placed my "hey, not everyone keeps all their music on the hard drive, so why don't we have a -looking for- forum section, I've seen people post the same idea. Then the thread dies. It can't be due to lack of need. I've looked for music ("***" by the ***) & turned up multiple search results: 14 "***", 10 "***", 6 "***", 4 "***" (geez more copies of a cover by a contemporary band than of an original) and 2 of "***". I have "Alice's House" on vinyl, but I am having a hard time believing that I am the only person who has this on vinyl (or even cd reissue), or that everyone who does, hasn't put it on digital already. If the world is in a similar financial state, that their $$'s are predestined for irksome things like electrical system in the car/headlight, etc, & cannot afford a "line in" mp3 player, then stock up on survival rations cause we are in for some hard times!

More likely, it never occurred to people. And I am sure that I have music in my sharable folder which leaves people frustrated (she/he has this, but not ____? How can that be?) because what they are looking for has been moved to disk, to make room for yet more hard drive/audio/clutter. However, I would happily move it from disk to the hard drive if someone wanted it. But I wouldn't know someone was looking for it unless they could tell me.

Barring someone showing up at my door with a music wanted list, what is wrong with a forum section devoted to things people are looking for? Is this a bad idea, and if so, how? If it isn't a bad idea, why hasn't it been implimented?

Forum Rules (click here)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; September 16th, 2005 at 11:17 AM.