View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

miki

Other people have had this same problem when re formating. But I can not figure out why. I reformatted my computer last week and re installed XP Pro I figured it was a good time to see if I could reproduce the problem. My copy of XP Pro is a upgrade disc I purchased 3 years ago thus it is SP1. I installed it then installed LimeWire 4.9.28 without updating anything and LW worked fine no problems.

I did not use the online installer I saved it to disc first then manually installed it. I then un installed it and installed SP2 I did not upgrade any drivers once again. I then installed LW again and it ran good no problems.

Now I have some friends that have lets say free versions of Windows XP Pro. And two out of three of them had the same problem you are having not just with LW but other programs also. When they got a paid for version of XP there problems disappeared.

I do not know if this applies to you or not but if it doesn't let us know. But if it does there is really nothing that can be done to help you and we would just be wasting time trying to fix a unfix-able problem.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa