View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2001

Moak is flying high
Lightbulb Do you accept Spyware?

I think spyware clients are a shame for gnutella community, but please judge on your own and vote!
Woken up through the current "spyware hype" in the Limewire forum, I recently scanned again some of my PCs - and surprisingly found some Spyware EXE/DLLs. Oops, I thought I have been very carefull.

I have to say: Shame on Bearshare and LimeWire that you take part on this dirty business!

To be fair, dont forget that Vinnie Falco's Bearshare was bundled with Sypware since months, but also other filesharing apps such as Audiogalxy, eDonkey, Kazza and more come with 3rd party software today. All together fool newbies which don't know what "Addins" in reality are: Paid spyware parasites. Very ironical when sofwtare developer answer "we didn't know" or "our Addins are no spyware". Just read some details about Gator and eZula which are very "IN": more about sypware and the trouble [2] [3].
Money making isn't everything, if some can't find a serious business concept, then at least don't complain about a bad reputation. Saying this, I hope that portals as Zeropaid will show which client is bundeld with spyware!

The next days I will advice all my friends and customers which use MS Windows to use AdAware and avoid Spyware software wherever possible. Spyware brings expensive firewall concepts "ad absurdum", could steal confidential information or alter shown websites without notice, best idea:

Do avoid infected filesharing clients, choose another one! One advantage of Gnutella is that there are many good clients.

Some open words, Moak

Last edited by Moak; April 22nd, 2002 at 05:46 PM.