View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2005
Novicius

scloud is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by aprila220
well...I DID do my research for a few days (or so I thought). I knew nothing of p2p networks, didn't know that was the technical term for it. I just knew that I wanted to download and burn songs and movies. If you do a search from yahoo, google, etc. on the "best" music downloading site, or something of that criteria...these "scam" websites pop up. I had heard of Kazaa, Limewire, etc. and thought that these were the "illegal" sites and thought that by paying for this site that everything was legal. And a lifetime membership for $29.95 sounded great! Understand? So it's alot of people like me who get scammed like that. See my point?
I do see your point, but, you'd be far better searching for something like "p2p SCAM" first.
I'll tell you how I found this forum: I got an email advertising
_www.americamp3network.com. I did what I always do when checking out sites I've never heard of, I typed "americamp3network scam" into google to see if anything came up, and this forum was the SECOND entry. Call me cynical, but I'm not the one pouring 30 dollars of my hard earned cash down the drain. Remember just about anyone can set up a site on the internet in countries where it is almost impossible to get any legal redress - suspect first, trust (maybe) later.

Last edited by scloud; September 20th, 2005 at 12:48 AM.