View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2005
Ancient One

CrazyDawg is flying high
Default Interesting Problem

First i would like to say sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this thread.

I have an interesting little problem when using limewire. All my image file icons and text files change the way they look.

I'll try to explain what i mean. I use ACDSee image viewer and all the images i have have the symbol of the ACDSee eye on them with every format they are near it whether that be a .jpg, .bmp, .tiff or whatever. My text files are either ones from notepad or wordpad.

When i open Limewire and use it for an hour or so those files change from they way they normally look to something like the limewire icon or other icons on my computer.
At first i started thinking it was a virus/trojan/spyware/malware so i spent the time and did a full scan of my computer using VET and AVG Pro anti-virus programs and Ad-Ware, SpyBot search and destroy plus Spy Sweeper by webroots i also used 2 trojan scan programs, not a thing was found.

I am at a loss at why this only happens when i use LimeWire. I hope someone can give me an answer on this and a solution other than removing LimeWire and finding another p2p program to use.

CrazyDawg
I only bite when i'm mad.