View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2005
Disciple

photohammer is flying high
Default better to share 500 files or 5000 files ?

is thier any differents in you share 500 files or 5000 files ? (yes 4500 funny ha ha) meaning seting the leach level for uploading ..

if I set 5000 files for sharing and set my leech level to 4500 what would a user see if they did a broswe host???

do they see all files or on a percentance???

maybe they get nothing if the system has to build them a list of 5000 files???

does Limewire tell you in anyway what leech level is set for.. so an uploader can adjust an comply???

the piont - optimize resources for those that also have resources

one of the most increable features is Magnets - better details about "Magnet" is really needed and Linewire lead by example you should have slick Magnets stuck upfront - give some swag away and get people playing with them

has someone spend some effort on this -- Magnets could put Lime into a huge postion but I can't find a simple way to create them (simple like drag file over box and the box poops out some cut and paste code)

do any search engines like google or yahoo aknowledge magnets ??? -- lets just forget magnetmix.com the site has been 3 pages of nothing for years --

see if I got it right - if I put "whatever.file" into a magnet link I could put that file on anyserver reachable by limewire now if I post my magnet in and email or on a webblogh it would be downloadable without direct link to the file and as it spread the file would be carried via p2p allowing multiple sorces for the file ??

so why don't we see this for huge game dvd demos - movie trailers - ect ect ??? - yes I know Hollywood hates the p2p but they love money and let alone the those independent bands, dj's, and sorry to say the adult video - lock the file but increase the distribution 10 fold.. sure dmr is a pain in the butt, but it work really works and you can't crack it

more thoughts and suggestions... it might be useful to have a personal FAQ - we see people trying to use there username for this as best as can fit with usenames like "not sharing no downloads" -- a blurb could be useful a person could leave a message for people searching like I'm reaching here but play along - message/post could be left for details or files or for trades "like my artwork you can download by collections happyfaces.zip, sadfaces.zip, pointedheads.zip" .. someone else pick this one up its need to be detailed and of course people need to be rated somehow to keep the jerks and the scammers for tricking the novices...

a message post for "Wanted" or Offering" could also be helpfull to form groups for P2P direct... you could leave a post for "have for trade" "looking for" these could intergrate into searches - that would one up Limewire on everyone else.. yes I know it might be tricky but come one there are some pretty cleaver people out thier look past why you can't and think.. hmm google was like 3 dudes doing nothing but making a search engine for thier personal use... it grew... I believe its worth 11 BILLION now .. in under ten years ... ok think big get rich make the internet better ... ready set go

Limewire RSS know of any yet???

Last edited by photohammer; September 20th, 2005 at 10:02 AM.