View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2005
Novicius

techless is flying high

I have used Limewire before... a previous version. I really enjoyed using the interface. I am wondering if finding a previous version might not be a worthwhile exercise...
It seems that a number of users are experiencing difficulties with the newer versions, be it the version or the OS that is supporting it.
I realize that i left out some info from my last post. I am running XP Pro SP2 with a hardware firewall on the router which has SPI and NAT(not that this should make any difference).

I guess i was hoping that there would be some networking guru about that could suggest something that i have overlooked. Maybe an overlooked protocol or unknown port.

I really hope someone can offer some useful info, as I am not fond of the thought of having to resort to another file share prog(not that i think that this will solve my problem).

I even went to the effort to call my Service Provider to ask if they supported such peer to peer file sharing. Apparently they do...

So, I am left wondering what I have missed. This is especially frustrating being a networking student...!

Since I know this program worked a few months ago on my dial-up connexion, I can only surmise that it is a version or firewall issue. Does anyone else have a Billion BiPAC 7402g with similar issues?