View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2005
Disciple

Marc001 is flying high
Angry STOP thief!!! Hit and run...

First off - NEWBIE alert!

Ok that said, here's the problem. Several I.P. have been zipping into my files, grabbing stuff and are GONE. This happens so fast that I thought at first that it was a connection error.

I have the latest LW Pro and etc and share about 4500 files in a lot of different categories. There's no plan to the hits and it happens at different times of the day but now I use the Monitor feature quite a bit. I've been able to write down a few of the I.P.'s and add them to my Block Host feature and viola' in a minute or less they're back on my system with an I.P. address exactly the same except for the last few numbers.

So I searched your forums over and over and couldn't find a topic that looked right. What I did find was the following:

Unregistered

Question

I got the same kind of thing from another IP (200.35.104.152) today. Tried to download just about every song i have. i added the IP to my banned list, but it didn't matter, so I traced it to see where it came from.. somewhere in the middle of Venezula lies the heart of evil.. jk, but seriously I think it might be due to a server that scans mp3 files for name/size to add to filter blocks on other programs (napster, aimster, etc.) and then again, it might be our old friends the RIAA stealing VALUABLE dl spots from ppl willing to share this way instead of .. RIP napster

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
Old Post 07-09-2001 05:00 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

This sounds very much like my problem but I can't find the answer. and the post is dated 2001 so I didn't reopen it.
Additionally, I don't have a tracer as mentioned above but it seems as if that won't do any good either.

Is there a way to stop these people. The other day I got so frustrated that I quit downloading the song I was after, deleted all of my shared files, saved the changes and went back to Monitor and the frightening thing was that they were still doing it although I banned their I.P. AND quit sharing.

Does anyone know how they do this? Does anyone know how to stop it. Does any remember that I'm a newbie so GO EASY ON ME PLEASE!

Thanx,

Marc001First off