View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2005
Novicius

MMMDI is flying high
Default Few n00b questions from a "smart" user.

I've browsed through the forum a bit and noticed some extremely n00b'ish questions... these are not the typical "how do I click the button" type questions, heh.

1. I use dialup and download large files. Therefore, I don't want incomplete files being deleted after one day (the default setting)... so, I switched this to 365 days in the options menu. I've noticed that this seems to work a bit too well... if I'm downloading a file, find out that it's not what I want, and decide to delete it (using the "cancel" button), it sits in my incomplete folder until I manually delete it or for, presumedly, 365 days. Is there any way to delete these incomplete files from the program without having to switch to windows explorer?

2. This is a bit of a tricky one. As an example, let's say that I'm searching for a video named "See Forum Rules" (without quotes). This will return a few valid results and a lot of spam such as:

this is a file (See Forum Rules)
this is another file (See Forum Rules)
hey look, a file (See Forum Rules)

The first part of the filename is something completely unrelated, but my exact search string is in the ()'s. Ok, mistagged files, no problems... so I search for a video named "what codes you are allowed to use" (without quotes).

This returns the same exact files as above:

this is a file (what codes you are allowed to use)
this is another file (what codes you are allowed to use)
hey look, a file (what codes you are allowed to use)

Is there some sort of trick that spammers use to tell the program that these files are tagged with my search string, or is there something wrong with my download?

I'm using the most current version (just downloaded yesterday after WinMX died), Windows XP SP2, AVG, etc etc... nothing too out there.