View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2001
Panthera Onca

The Seeker is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
This isn't true - I've currently got 4 versions of the same file in my download list, they all have the same filesize and close names and they're all completed differently. They've been there for 2 weeks and their respective percentages complete add up to well over 100%, yet no one file is more than half downloaded.
If you run a seperate search, then yes, you can add the same file into your download list. Same size, same name and size even. What I was saying, is that for any given single search you will never see two files with the same file size. Again, I'm talking about the Search page, not the Transfers page.

A quick question before I respond to the following statement... Why are you searching for and downloading something that is on your download list already? Are you at least using different search terms than you used the first time?

Quote:
I'd love to be able to drag and drop them together and have Xolox realise that they were the same file - that way they would be done by now. I'll of partially wasted my time downloading 3 of them.
This would be somewhat useful with the current downloading scheme, but a more useful request might be to allow for multiple, seperate, searches for a single file, and the ability to recognize if a file is already on your download list before adding it. Unfortunatey, this would require some sort of unique file IDing, such as the CRCs XoloX used when it first startd (slow) or SHA1/MD5 or some such thing¹. I think that eventually this will be integrated back into the program, but for now you have to pay attention to what you are downloading to avoid duplication and wasted bandwidth.

¹H.U.G.E.