Old September 24th, 2005
Ceramics Artist

BeckyW is flying high

Can you give us a total desciption of your set up:
1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram?
4. Hard Disk space available?
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)?
8. What version of Limewire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
9. Who is your isp provider (Internet Service Provider)?
10. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
11. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
12. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?

Answers
1 I HAVE XP
2 I have The Windows firewall that came in my computer software
3 I HAVE 512MG RAM and 3000 MGHTZ Processing speed
4 ALOT I have a 3.00Ghz Hard drive and have about 85% free
5.Sprint DSL
6 PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with smart CP,Its Conexant through Gateway Computer systems
7. Home Computer
8 I am supposed to have the newest version limewire pro the 4.9 but nothing works.The java I dunno it is the most recently updated version,and everything worked fine before I paid the 18.00 and uninstalled the old LW version like it told me to and downloaded the newest one and installed it.I can't go to LW menu help my software won't open it gives me that message I posted in here about firewall and backlooping or some crap.I even turned off my Firewall and tried to open it and got the samething.
9 Sprint/Earthlink DSL
10 No I do not share my computer with anyone it is in my home.
11New problem with a experienced user,I have been using LW since May 2005 with no trouble until I upgraded to LW Pro
12 I got YOUR TEST WORKED