Thread: up loading
View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2005
Apprentice

Jai_Monroe is flying high

I am using the latest version, that I just downloaded from the website, today - 4.9.30, & Java version 1.5.0_03 ( I made sure I went to where it said "latest version". Today is the first time I have ever tried to use Limewire & so far, its proving impossible).

I did click on the library tab first, then clicked file - but it only gave me the options : connect, disconnect, close. Is there anyone out there, that is using the basic free version like me, not the pro version, who can tell me why when I am specifying folders to share, that it isn't working? From everything I have read & have been told so far, I'm doing what I have been told & it SHOULD be working, but it isn't, obviously its no good if the prgram won't share my files with anyone.

This is what I clicked:

Library tab> shared files> configure> In the pop up box, add> I selected my removable E drive (since that's where all my shared files are)> apply> ok> Library> refresh button. It still listed all my files red. I also tried the following route: Library> right-click on shared files> share new folder> selected my E drive> apply> ok> Library> refresh button. That didn't work either... and nothing else that has been suggested works either. I also tried going through the Tools>options menus but no joy there either. If I'm having this much trouble with the free version I'm highly reluctant to pay for the pro version, if that just does the same thing to me I will have wasted money. Please help me solve this.. its really annoying now.

Jai xx