View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2005
Small Business Guru

Savvy is flying high
Exclamation Corrupt Fiiles? Ha! Too Much Lately, Haven't Seen Answers to These Questions

I've gone through myriad postings dealing with corrupted files, yet I still haven't found a solution that will address my recent experience of a huge number of corrupt file downloads.

I haven't changed any settings on my pooter, other than upgrading to LimeWire pro. I've gone through all the settings to make sure they are as desired, and even narrowed the search as per the stinky "maximizing downloads/uploads".

Has anyone else experienced a large upsurge in corrupt files lately, particularly those sized around 3Mb to 30MB? I have mostly been dealing, in the past, with files from 150MB to 800MB, almost never get corrupt files there, though did in huge numbers a few months ago, as apparently did many others at the same time.

It seems some of my recent downloads which have resulted in a corrupt file have resumed, though due to the large number of selections I've made and the multiplicity of sources, I'm not sure of the causes and methods of this being so, so I'm asking for clarification on a few corrupt file matters here that may help most everyone when answered with clarity and conciseness.

1) Do downloads that result in a 'corrupt file' resume at some time later? If so, is the new resumption built upon that 'corrupt' file or is a new one created?

2) Regardless of original source, can a current host we download from be causative of corrupted files?

3) Some of the recent corrupt files I've received have come from connections that were on a few seconds, then off a long time, on a few seconds then off a long time, on and on many times over days, though they're small files. Could these quick on-off interludes cause file corruption?

4) How should I make sure the sought-after material is found and downloaded at the soonest possible?

5) When I see a download changed to 'file corrupted', what should I do with that file?

Clear and prompt responses are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Savvy; September 25th, 2005 at 04:31 PM.