View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2005
Novicius

Erica Wildebeest is flying high

DOH!!!!

Yep, you guessed it! Disconnected again. I don't know how long it stayed on for this time.
I'm getting pretty tired of having to click on connect again all the time. Doesn't it auto-connect when it gets disconnected? Mine doesn't seem to. It just sits there not connected until I tell it to!

Just a quick question... when setting up your firewall in whatever third party firewall you happen to use (I use PC-cillin) which of the 3 instances of javaw.exe are you supposed to be telling it to exclude. I've got one in c:windows/system32, one in c:windows/system and another one (I can't remember where). Do I need to put in a path to the file or is it enough to just put in the exe file name?

Has ANYONE managed to set up PC-cillin firewall to allow the use of Limewire?

As it is I've turned it off and turned on the Windows XP firewall and set up the exception in that. Although Limewire isn't detecting a firewall like it was with PC-cillin, connecting for more than a few minutes still seems to be a real problem.

Oh, and has ANYONE actually claimed their money-back guarantee? How do I do it if I can't get this fixed?

-Erica

P.S. Here's my system setup:
Intel P4 2Ghz
512Mb RAM
Windows XP (probably with SP2 but haven't kept track)
56k modem connection (yeah I know that's lame!)
My internet server is iinet (in Australia)