View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2005
Disciple

mklessex is flying high
Default uNWANTED cONTENT

I - Limewire is good but I have some issues and want to know if they can be resolved

Iam not very computer savvy so please bear with me

I was downloading something which was titled one thing - for one reason or another I stopped downloading - and in the quality there was a break to show the download was interrupted upon doing another search -
i noticed a break on another file - i looked at the name of file and realised it was a name of something i would never download and disgusted me - so i did some research and noticed it was the same size etc as another file i had started to download which was nothing more then normal adult content according to title - even though i did not download and no harm was done - it worries me that I am downloading a file that I think is one thing and get another

Can this not be stopped - Is the material that is put on here not monitored - some of the titles i see on here are disgusting - how can they be allowed to be put on - and once they are put on can they not be taken off straight away - or worse come to worse can material not be checked so people know what hey are downloading is not something else

Is there no way these people can be clamped down on - cant authorities do something to stop people putting on - sorry to rant and rave

I have now done some research and blocked certain hosts and now blocked lots of keywords - but what worries me is that if these keywords are not in the title for example - something dodgy is under name scooby doo will it be discluded because of content relating to banned keyword

i just want to make sure nothing illegal is downloaded - is there anyway to guarantee this bar not using it - if so i guess that is only solution - but wanted to find out -

basically I want to know what I am downloading is OK - I don't want anything dodgy/obscene etc - I have banned hosts and keywords but am now ealising this may not be enough -

Is there anyway to ensure you don't get dodgy files - or is the only way to not use

cheers