View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2005
Novicius

NoOneHere is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Just one observation is it appears that you're firewalled without allowance for incoming. That might be due to your computer firewall or a hardware device like a modem/router using a NAT firewall.

Did you configure your firewall so it allows LW full access (advisable not to have 2 active firewalls b/c they can interfere with each other); Firewall configuration instructions (click on link)

Go to LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Speed & tick & apply to Disable Ultrapeer Capabilities. This is of no use if you're firewalled.

Why this memory problem is happening I don't know. Configuring your firewall may well help. Someone else may have some ideas. One possibility might be to jump back your java version but I won't suggest that until someone else has suggested alternatives. So how much ram do you have anyway? And how much available Hard disk drive space. Have you defragmented your HDD recently?
Yes I was firewall'd and they are configured to pass the port used by LW.

I disabled the software unit, no difference.

I did disable Ultrapeer as you recommended.

No change.

I have 2 gig's of ram so I know that there is lots as it is showing a small amount being used when LW is running.

1.2 tb of free drive space. Drive is not fragmented. I dumped the page file and increased it also.

I have noticed a large CPU spike when the error happens.

Thanks and any other suggestions would be appreciated.