View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2001
Unregistered

Question Weird freezing in Windows 2000

When running Limewire, the system eventually begins to act strangely. The mouse cursor disappear (and so the mouse becomes impossible to use), some icons in the task bar becomes all black and the system is very very slow. The only way I can fix this is by getting to the panel control and change the display settings (all this with the keyboard!). For example, I change the resolution to another setting, this then kind of reset the whole display, then my mouse cursor reappears. I then go back to my original resolution and the system is back to normal, except that Limewire has now shutted down (by itselt). If I reload Limewire I will eventually get the same problems again...

My operating system is Windows 2000, my video card a Guillemot using the common NVIDIA TNT2 Model64 chip.

I also used Gnotella for a while and experienced the exact same problems, so it seems like something with the gnutella protocol itself conflicts with my video setup. Anyone experienced something similar? Any fix? THANKS. (heap@gosympatico.ca)