View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2000
liquorpuss

Angry gnotella stupidity

after using gnutella i tried gnotella and thought the filter idea was great.using 56k and having good results although the results returned faster and better with gnu,seems as if gno keeps more hosts with more files.gnu whittles down to 5 or less hosts after a while(sucks ***)the ini file doesnt save.which as you educated people know means every time i restart it i have to reinstall all the original parameters.until i edited the ini file manually.I feel the bandwidth issue can be addressed better if the public were better informed.stupid searches eat up bandwidth,and hosts with no files are f*cking the whole system.these people think theyre using a search engine like a browser!wake up! a search for mp3 will return all results with that format,but they still insist on retyping the search again and again and so on.it seems noone read any documentation before firing up their system and it's killing me!Also why dont the thing kill ip's with no files or 2 files with no mb?Freeloader control is what we need here.I'd rather hook to 10 hosts with files than 100 with nothing but a link to someone who might have files.blocking the ip's seems to be the key.If they are too stupid to figure out how to scan the up file then they should be banned and will eventually give up and get off!maybe if the interface was hard as hell to understand we could weed out the idiots altogether.Someone douse me out i'm on fire!but seriously if we dont filter out the freeloaders,people that use the utility properly will always get screwed.yeah you're the same people that cut off my downloads at 75%.jagoffs