View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2001
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unregistered

Nope - because people go online and disconnect all the time, frequently I want a file where there is only a few copies available (in total) with different filenames, every time I seach I'll come up with a renamed version of the same file and add it to my list.

Don't do this.

Do ONE search and select multiple items that seem similar but have different file sizes (different recordings but the same original content).

Look in your transfer view and pause the less desirable download and hope that the best download completes.

If all of the people who have the first recording go offline and step in front of a bus then you can unpause the less desirable copy. Sometimes the first recording is bad and you need to go back to the 2nd choice too.

REALLY, REALLY try not to do multiple searches for the same item. If they have been renamed since your last search then Xolox will allow you to add it to your download list again even if the original download is still in progress.

Sometimes your download seems to be stalled although the score indicates that there should be more people out there with the file. Don't fret about this. The score may be aritificially high (cached data?) or Xolox may be in the process of searching out some new hosts. Have faith that your download will pick up.

I too was cought in this problem before and with Seekers help I have trained myself not to do multiple searches.