View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Some More Information

Etravelslight

The following info covers most, if not all, scam sites like Americamp3network:

1) They are primarily in it for the easy money they make, remember you said: I had not even realized I'd been suckered. Now imagine the thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) from around the world that have paid their money and still have no idea they have been suckered. Now multiply that by $46.00, that is a huge sum of money for investing next to nothing.

Is it any wonder that scam sites or on the increase, newbies make it just too easy.

2) Most scammers just give you a link to download a freebie P2P software, like Limewire Basic or Bearshare Lite, but others can and do put viruses and/or spyware into the version of software they let you download. The only way you will know is by running an anti-virus and anti-spyware app.

I would go one further and suggest that you also delete the rubbish you downloaded from the scam site and download the proper software from the official site.

One final thing, other forum members have found that although they are ever increasing numbers of scam sites on the internet they all tend to be owned by a few major, yet unknown, companies, some situated in countries with lack laws.

UK Bob