View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

computerhealth ... you have Bob and I mistified now!

-------------------------This bit is not relevant ... I told you I was confused!------see below

I'm not sure how pro answers work, as I have neverasked for one. If a post is made to a forum I am subscribed to , or If I receive a PM (Personal message) from someone in the forum, I receive an E-mail. I read this in Opera, but could equally well read it in Outlook Express, AOL, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or Entourage, to name but a few. This E-mail gives me a link to a web page, which I click and this will be where I can actually read the message.

A personal message is something different. This is an E-mail type message, but has the same appearance as a message posting , (like this) but is personal to you. To view your personal messages in The Gnutella Forums (which is where we are now) You go to User CP (above right)

Having gone off at that tangent, I realize Limewire will not send a message to the forums as they are not technically linked to Limewire, but I've said all this stuff already, I shall leave it
------------------------------------------------------------
Right ... In answer to your question: Limewire automatically respods to your question by, I presume, telling you that in due course you will get an E-mail from them and you should check your E-mail regularly in your E-mail client:-Opera, Outlook Express, AOL, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage or whatever, until it arrives, which may take a few days. I tend to share Bob's thinking that, perhaps you do not have an E-mail client, or at least not one set up ... could this be true?