View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2005
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Salut pawelsz, while Phex is a nice cross plaform aternative, it is no where as advanced as the LimeWire project (and I'm talking about the network core, the one that matters for the health of Gnutella).

While I support Phex devs and I'm happy that they work to maintain viable alternatives, the LimeWire project is the one who is the most complete tested Gnutella client.

Phex is certainly not ready yet to overtake LimeWire or even the first version of FrostWire. However, it let advanced users more control over the app, so it's possible userbase isn't the same as FW or LW.

I wish the best to Phex team and I hope all the open source java Gnutella clients continue working together (hehe, that means LW, FW and Phex).

If you want to help the Phex project, any enthousiast can work on their wiki http://phex.kouk.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Quote:
Please choose something that is created from beggining as
Free and Unlimited Gnutella client.
That's the goal of FW, that was also for LW, but since they are a corporation and the RIAA is stoopid....

Quote:
it's Free - free for price, and Free because released under GPL
So is LW and FW

Quote:
it's stable - PHEX is very mature project
On that point, we'll all agree that LW is much more mature, FW will get to LW level quite soon

Quote:
it's unlimitd - PHEX is created to be Unlimited [you dont need to modify it to download some "warez" materials]
Freedom of users is the goal of FW, no software should think for their users

Quote:
it exists - PHEX is HERE since few years, you dont need to wait for release - just go to http://phex.org/ and download it NOW.
Well since FW and LW are GPL, get the source and compile, voilà!

Quote:
its safe - PHEX recived Softpedia "100% FREE" award for
contain NO spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [unlike many LimeWire clones]
LW is 100% under Softpedia and so will FW

Ciao