View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2005
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high

Though I really like it that we have such great fans... go pawelsz go...
...it will never be the intention of the Phex team to overtake LW or FW...

Rather we prefer to work together and offer an alternative to LW and FW.

But of course if anyone of you like to join the Phex team or help out here or there, I would be very happy to welcome him. It's not that I prefer to work on my own. It just seems to be not that attractive to work on a smaller project where you have more influence on the team and your contribution weights much more.

Also I'm just not the guy who likes to do big marketing or who praise the product all over others. I just like to develop good software and if users like, fine.

The reduced GDF presence of Phex has certainly something to do with there very unfriendly and offending talk with members at the beginning of the project (early 2001). Sure we did something wrong, but we also fixed it quickly and made sure we comply. Well but I guess most of you know that the atmosphere can get rough there.

Though I would also welcome inexperienced users and help them as good as I can, Phex is basically aimed towards the advanced user, by trying to display more about the insides and allow to adjust how things work.

Gregor