View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2005
Novicius

spnkythewndrmupt is flying high
Unhappy Deleted Music Files

Okay, I know this has been posted before, but I have some more questions.

I downloaded Limewire, and all of my music files were in the library. I didn't want them all, and I decided that it'd be easier to just clear them all, and re add the ones I wanted. I selected them all and hit delete, thinking the worst case scenario would be that they were sent to the recycle bin, and I could easily restore them. Weeeeell, I was wrong (duh), and I lost them ALL.

When you hit delete in Limewire, where are the files sent, if not the recycle bin? I tried using system restore, but when I clicked on it, it said that system restore wasn't turned on, and asked if I wanted to turn it on. I don't know enough about system restore to know if I can still do anything about it, but I doubt it.

When I searched the forums, there were a few links to a program called... Uh, I think it was something like, PC Doctor File Recovery? Anyway, when I clicked on the link, download.com said that the page wasn't there. I also searched for the program at download.com and it didn't have any results.

Is there ANYTHING I can do? I really need those files back, because they weren't mine, and the person who owns them is going to FLIP when they find out.

Any suggestions?