View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2005
Apprentice

MatthiasWolf is flying high
Default Continuing download often doesn't work

Hi!

After some time, I can maybe contribute something (I'm trying these things as background-task, sorry if I'm not much of a help in identifying the problem):

I had a couple of files on the download list for *weeks* with no visible effect, clicking the "search"-button on the download page for those file had no effect at all. Then I searched with similar criteria and some of those files appeared in the hits-list (among others), were already marked green and downloaded in a couple of seconds (or minutes).

Some of those unsuccesful download files also appeared in the list of hits when I did a new search, showed the correct size, but were not marked green, and the download also did not continue.

... oops, even stranger! (I'm editing this entry after a couple of minutes, because I just saw something new): One of the files which were found with the correct size but would not continue to download, suddenly appeared a second time on the download list and dowloaded a second time (actually, I've got it 2x on the dowload list, now.) It has the very same name and the same size as its "predecessor" but it actually downloads. The other file still seems to be inactive and waits for an unavailable client with a private IP-adress.

By the way, I read this in another post and now had the same effect: some downloads show status "Queued", but the counters are running vividly. In one case the candidates list shows as many as 6 active hosts with status "downloading".

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Matthew

Last edited by MatthiasWolf; October 13th, 2005 at 09:05 PM.