View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Mandilou ... Moving iTunes tunes means that iTunes cannot find them and it is abit of a pain until you find a method to do it that works for you. In Mac there is a neat thing which may be in windows ... but I can colour files or folders. If I move any number of iTunes folders I colour them, I go to iTunes File>add to library and browse for the coloured files ... select them all and click choose (or whatever it is) and they all load straight into iTunes. You need to do this even if you have moved them into the iTunes folder. Only problem here is that you will have duplicate entries for all these files in iTunes, and weeding out the ones that no longer work is a bit of a chore.

Your tues will be there somewhere unless, God forbid, you have deleted them from the Limewire library.. I just hope you haven't.

LOTR All my music files from any source go into my iTunes folder when they are added to the iTunes library(either automatically by Limewire or manually) they automatically go into folders by artist name. I have duplicates of none. I share certain artist folders from the iTunes folder, and it gives me no problems atall. I'm interested to know what problems this might cause. Also I'm not sure how or if this wold work in Windows.

BTW mandilou I wrote this before I saw your last post ... had a few interruptions!