View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2005
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

first...in BearShare (aka BS) got setup and choose downloads...there you will find where BS's temp folder and downloads folder are located...you can of course change these to what you want...pay attention to the fact that both the temp and downloads folder MUST reside on the same physical drive/partition (i.e. both must be for instance C:\)

as far as the concern about a hacker...well, I hope for your own good you have a decent firewall (it is certainly not beyond the ways of the **AA's paid henchmen to hack you..I would love to catch one in the act, and the first thing I would do is to call the FBI)

since you are using XP, perhaps using system restore to put your box into a state it was last week might work...

go directly to the downloads folder and try and play one of the tunes...and try the drag and drop method to add songs to Roxio's burnlist..

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This