View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2005
Enthusiast

Panic_Fire is flying high

lol lol lol, sorry there i had to laugh at the question asked, but i will explain easily for ppl that don't know how a computer works except how to turn it on and play patience. and even for ppl that don't know how to do either of this it will be easy to understand, sorry for the sarcasm.

well first off: i'll explain how to use the buildin cd burning ability of windows xp, if you don't have windows xp read over this to where i explain how to use nero, if you don't use nero, read it anyway since most burning software is made for ppl with the average iq of the american citizen, so that means it's easy to use and generally the same as all the others with minor differences, depending on creator of the software.

with windows xp what you want to do is the following:

search your HD (hard drive) for the files you want to burn to the cd-rw, you do this by going to the my computer icon on your desktop or in the start-menu, then you go to the HD where LW (limewire) is installed, probably in C:\programfiles, there look for the LimeWire folder, in this folder there will probably be a folder called: download. So the path to this folder is as followed: C:\programfiles\limewire\download you can just type this in at the windows explorer if that's easier for you (you can't do this with my computer since it doesn't have a path bar).

ohh wow it's pretty hard to explain something to ppl that you expect not to understand you anyway

anyways if your there, your at the place where all the completed downloads get to (it's what you would call the library in LW)

here you do the following: hold CTRL (it's a button on the keyboard) and click the files you want burned on the cd-rw, only click them once, do NOT double click. but do hold CTRL till you clicked the last file you want to burn on the cd-rw. do keep in mind you can't exceed the sice of the cd-rw in either filesize or music time how much this is is said on the box or spindle from wich you took the empty cd-rw ok now it's pretty easy from here on, you can see all the files you clicked are selected, now right-click once on one of the files that's selected, then you will see a menu come up, there you can select copy to (or whatever it's called in your language, i hope i translated it correctly from dutch) and there if you hover over this, another part of the menu will expand and you will see a few options, one of them will be to copy it to your cd-writher, probably the last option, click this with the left-button once. and the files you want copied will be put in a temporary space, so they can be burned to your cd-rw.

next you click away all the screens you have open, it shouldn't be to many but if there are just click them away. most of the times windows will prompt you that there are files waiting to be writhen to a cd-r(w) you can click this prompting and a screen will open with the files you just copied. ok now on the left side of the screen you see a few options, just click the option: burn these files to cd or whatever option looks most like my discription, as i said i have a dutch version of windows XP so i'm not 100% sure of the terms used in english or any other language you might have.

ohh man this is becoming a long story

then a wizard will turn up (no not a real one, they call a program that helps ppl to easily do things a wizard) wich will guide you trough the rest of the burning process, you can't do this wrong, i don't have to help you with this i hope, and if so just respond that you didn't understand any of this and i will clarify it for you.

now make sure there is an empty write-able disc in your cd-writer.
if there isn't the wizard will prompt you to this so don't worry, as i said you can't do anything wrong from here anymore, you might get a question about what kind of cd you want to make: normal or file cd, if you want to play it on a cd-player or walkman choose normal cd, if you want an mp3 cd choose file cd, note that if you are making an mp3 cd you can have more music on the same disc because if they are files its about how big the file is, if they are normal music files it's about the lenght of the numbers combined with a 2 second interval between each number. and your cd probably only can do up to 80minutes or less of music.

ok now i'm finished explaining how to burn with windows XP, tomorrow when i slept a bit more (since it's 4 in the morning over here i'll continue on about how to use 3rd party burning software like nero burning rom or easy cd creator and software like that to accomplish your question.

i hope this helps and i hope i didn't hurt your feelings with laughing about your question.

Last edited by Panic_Fire; October 24th, 2005 at 06:52 PM.