View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2005
Novicius

beef is flying high
Unhappy Limewire crashing

Ok I had given up hope till I found Limewire that featured UPnP (hooray, my lack of ability to port forward with my router no longer matters!!), so I've been happily at work backing up my CD collection all day, except that when things get a *little* too intense in terms of CPU usage (usually not even more than 25%), things start getting real sluggish, and then my PC freezes up just like that; I have to use the old reset button!

I was wondering if there was a fix or tip for this at all (apart from, naturally, not downloading so much at once - although my system is perfectly fine to handle it) and whether anyone experiences similar trouble. Java is the correct version (1.4.2 or whichever one it is that works well), PC is virus/spyware/adware-free according to avg/windows antispyware/ad-aware and my internet connection is a wireless Belkin router deal.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback - just ask if you need more info in order to help you get to the bottom of this in terms of system specs, etc!!