View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2005
Enthusiast

ldeanjames is flying high

No, I was a bad girl and just let the new install wipe out the previous version. It's a lot better about staying awake longer, but I just may do a total wipe, including reg keys, if yours turns out to behave better.
Want to hear something really weird? At 7 this morning, I woke LW up, after which it completely disconnected itself and I had to reconnect. When I did connect, I had three movie downloads of mine going and one upload. At the bottom of my screen the KB/s went wild. It usually runs between 1 KB/s and 19 for downloads, less for uploads. This morning, my downloads were splitting 1,400 KB/s between them. I thought it was just a glitch, but the percentages of the downloads were jumping upwards by two and three percent a minute.
Sadly, it's now doing it's normal thing, except the uploads are higher than my downloads. They're splitting them between 8, while I only have one left to finish, and it's at 98% already. Sure wish I knew how my system got such a great kick in the behind there for awhile, so I could get it to do it again.
I also spent an hour or two downloading more plugins and codecs last night. Everyone of the three downloads I was doing failed in the preview due to missing codecs. This was on the Windows Media Player. I can try them on the other players now that they've gone into my video folder. What a pain. I wonder if having the Media Player 10 could be causing this?
Oh, well, old story with no happy ending in sight yet. If anyone finally gets a hold on a fix, please let me know.
Thanks!