View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2005
Enthusiast

Panic_Fire is flying high

ahh but you see, i may have confused your country with mine, i know about the ISP lookup, they used it on me, that's how they found out i was sending vast amounts of data (copyright protected data) to other computers, i have a serious upload speed of about 1mbyte/s so that's no problem for me at all you see, and in my country you can't get caught without them searching your house, maybe they can in america i don't know that for sure, but i believe norbie if he says that's how it went in the USA.

anyways just as he said: it's verry unlikely, it's like with getting real (real as in killers etc.) criminals: they go after the big fish, not the small ones.

and i explained, it costs them more money to get all the info, start a lawsuit, etc. etc. then it will bring them since you are not a major sharer but only a minor one, none the less it's true if you aren't prepared to take the consequences don't do it. i'm pretty sure i said something like this in my previous post: if your so paranoid (or in this case your father) then just buy the stuff you want.