View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2005
Apprentice

Jambora is flying high
Default Oh I search....

Oh absolutely. When I want something, and I don't wanna pay for it (isn't that a song too? Jane's Addiction?) I don't just download the one with the most hits. I do look for the best combination of midrange bitrates (I don't have humongous storage abilities after all, just adequate...and I can indeed tell the difference between a 128 and 256 rip piped through my home system) and hit number, as they do tend to download faster. But if they turn out to be kacks (have we invented a new term here?) I start branching out until I've checked everything everywhere I can. Download...delete...download download download delete delete delete. Only when after extensive failure to I frustrate and buy a CD for one or two songs. Whole music CD's I like I just buy to begin with, and usually then rip, as indeed I too rip quality. And I also go out and buy the CD's of new groups I like just getting started etc. and even contribute a bit of cash here and there when deserved. I pay my dues. I just have...well...limits. When Metallica's leadman insists I pony up another $15 or $20 to his $200,000,000.00 to get one song I like off a put that I don't otherwise like...I draw the line and go to P2P. Especially knowing I've already contributed to 4 or 5 lp's and 4 or 5 CD's already in his coffers. And especially on my salary LOL!