Thread: Network
View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2005
Disciple

bigvinny76 is flying high

okay hears what has happened. i come back the next day and try again and my computer picks out 400 different things wrong after i activate the blockers. i kill um all, restart, kill, rinse repeat and i have gotten rid of about 500 things now.

my bar is still 1/5 with red. i disabled kazaa and i shouldnt have to worry about their crap anymore.

i was reading one of the other posts and you said that i needed leafs to connect to other hosts. i disabled ultra-peer, but i didnt know if that was the same. do i need addresses of hosts like ###.#.#.# or something?

i figured that LW would do that for me. everytime i try to search for something, the message pops up and states "LW is currently connecting to the network. your search may not return many results until you are fully connected" which i imagine is 4-5 bars.

i got zone alarm because my friend told me it was better then the windows firewall. i have both on. is that bad? i have the two ports that the LW site said to open and i checked all 4 of the limewire datas including a "swarmed installer" and "lexpps"

i heard from another friend that java was needed to get everything started as well. LW didnt automatically do that for me, so i went to java. com and got whatever free program they had. that was back when the program wouldnt even open for me.

the program then opened and now im left with some funky networking errors.

are they on my part and what more guidance can you give me, o wise helper?