Thread: Scammed
View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2005
Novicius

Gmill is flying high
Default Scammed

Well Stief, thank you replying and I guess you're right. I've been scammed. I have been reading the forum and as for being naive, I think it's more a matter of just not knowing what to look for or knowing the need to do so in the first place. People tend to trust more then we should.
Just FYI - I got scammed by going to google clicking on search result "WinMX - Downloading.net". At this site I clicked on "Download Now" and was taken to "click.cashengines.com" which changed to "secure3.marketengine.com". Here was a 3 step process to register and purchase. I didn't know about the "click.cashengines.com" & "secure3.marketingengine.com" until I went back and retraced my steps.
Here is what I purchased: "Lifetime full & unlimited access for only (29.95) (27.80) - Now Only $22.46!!! (best offer!) - I want the PRO version - download and view DVD Quality movies you download for only $14.95!" for a total of $37.41.
This was Thursday and today is Sunday so I'm going to my bank when they open in the morning. What should I do now? Should I delete the LimeWire software I have now and go to LimeWire.com to download from there? What I have seems to work. I have downloaded a few songs and 2 movies, it just took extremely long to download the movies. Like several hours. Also I need to tell my boss, he got the same package I did.
I wait to here from you.