View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2005
Novicius

zenmack is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by stief
ukaniko, if verizon isn't blocking your connection, it might just be the hosts being selected for your downloads, since everything else about your setup seems OK.

LW also runs magnetmix.com so see if you download one of these files at better speeds http://www.magnetmix.com/audio2.shtml (it's OK--they are free, legal, and should max out your download bandwidth)

If they don't, call verizon with the results and have them look into your connection.
I am having the same issue. I clicked on the above audio file link and my download speed was still only 1kbs. If I use Opera to download a file I am getting speeds of 540kbs on average.

My operating system is Windows xp.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling LW because it was also freezing up.

I eventually moved it to a new external harddrive with a 2.0 connection. This was due to me running out of harddrive space.

I still am having the same issues. At times when I look at the bottom of the LW control panel I will see false readings that will say something like:

7 downloads 1,5XX kbs

or even higher. I've seen it run as high as 4,000kbs although when I looking into the download section it will show multiple files at speeds all below 100kbs and averaging between 12-42kbs.

I am at my wits end here. I have heard that this is a good program to use for P2P.

Lastly I am using comcast cable.