View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: searches

Quote:
Originally posted by lilacangel50
I am having problems with this new version of Limewire as well. when i had the older version i looked up a song xxxxxxxxxx. it came up under the old version but under the new pro version i cant get it. i emailed Lime wire but they never answered me.
You should not really put up names of songs on the forums, but this one seemed interesting. I made three searches for it, 1/. in audio ... artist. 2, audio ... end of song title, 3 under all ...typed the song title until space ran out. This is not a common song to find on Limewire and only the third option came up with one result. This goes to show that the advise often given to vary your search will bear fruit, but you must remember that only two or three people might share a song and if only one of them is on line there is no guarantee, even then, that it will show up in a search. I use Phex ... another application similar to Limewire ... and I find often that it gives better search results than Limewire. The other night however, Limewire came up with much better searches. It all depends who you are connected to and who is on line, so vary your search terms, and perhaps try in an hour or two if you have no luck.

Your question as put, would not I feel be one that Limewire would devote a lot of time to, as it is not really one that, as such, indicates any particular problem with Limewire. Are you actually a Pro subscriber ... as limewire do not as a rule even look at e-mails from Basic customers afaik.

Its a long answer to one post and to the others .... I'm not sure!. A lot of people seem to change versions and have this type of problem. It has never happened to me, and I always make sure I can easily go back to an old version, if a new one doesn't work out.

Wild Peach. You say reinstalling has ...(almost) got things perfect. Is Limewire reconnecting, and is the dissconnecting actually affecting uploads or downloads?

To anyone having problems this thread often helps. :

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...=fixes+working