View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2005
Enthusiast

ldeanjames is flying high

Hi there guys,
So glad to hear from you!
Hopper, I have LW off when I try to delete, because I don't want anyone trying to upload that file. And you're right, it's a batty file. But it won't let me rename it either, so I can't warn people off. I've tried to drag it out of my shared files, but it only makes another copy on my desktop. So frustrating. LW has never let me rename or delete from its library though it acts like it will. I go to the file through Win Explorer to delete or rename.
I have a Lexmark 4 in 1 printer and it works like a charm. I don't know much about HP, but four new black cartridges for free is not a bad deal!
I was sorry to hear that the workaround, having iTunes on 24/7, failed. But don't give up, IMHSN, try to find another program that will wake up the system regularly. Or maybe schedule a task, for every 15 minutes or so, anything that will cause your system to fire up.
I've never had anything but Norton for my firewall and virus scanner, but their file ccApp would not delete and really latched onto the memory. I'm always checking to make certain that the Window's firewall and scanner are off.
It was always a fight between ccApp and Windows Explorer, to see who got the cpu usage. Now if I could just keep Verizon's software from replicating svchost so I don't have six or more little 14 K executables running for no good reason, other than it might be a virus that's too new or too disguised for any of the virus scanners to catch. So far I've only run Norton's, Zone Alarm's and HouseCall. They all say my system is clean as a whistle, but it can't be. Too many little glitches happening.
I don't have the expertise to track down a virus myself. Since I'm heading to Baja this Thursday and coming back on Monday next. I'm debating on whether to take my system into Best Buy and have them give it try. It may take a new harddrive and a fresh Windows XP install. But I need my old files, so they could end up putting the virus right back on the new harddrive, if that truly is what I've got. Sigh.
Well, I bought a new computer desk, but I have to put it together, so I'm going to go play with that for awhile. I'll turn on LW and see what happens.
Bye for now!