View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2005
Apprentice

MiKeYI is flying high
Default DLing speeds not over 2k

Ok ive bin reaidng about this for weeks now... i see i am not the only person that has problems....

I dont dl more then 2k there plenty of sources...

I tryed turning of windows fire wall... tryed the config the ports... etc... sp2 fix etc... i have no clue what it is...

And its not my isp i emailed them about.

Hi Michael,

I just downloaded and installed Limewire in the office her and ran a few tests. I noticed a few of the items I tried to download only came in at about 10-20 KB/s but some others were coming in at 60-70 KB/s depending on the amount of peers I was connecting to. I'm not sure if there may be something in my settings that is different then yours though. I disabled the Ultrapeer capabilities and set my speed to T3 or higher in the Speed section of the options. I set my maximum downloads to 10 and set my download bandwidth to 100% in the Downloads section. I set my uploads per person and max slots to 10. You may also want to make sure you keep some files in your share folder so that you aren't considered a "Freeloader" which can limit the amount of other peers you can connect to. If you have a router try updating the firmware on your router to see if that helps. Also if you have a router try connecting to your modem directly and test a few downloads just to see if there is any improvement. Let me know how all that turns out. If it is still going slowly we can see if there are any other things we can try.

Evrything is up to date... also formated my comp to see if that help... nuthing....

I tryed bit torrents same thing nuthing over 2k...

I have satic ip never changes and the isp tunrs of icmp

We do turn of icmp so that you can not ping anything outside of the Seaside domain.

Can any one help me?.... i am fustrated tryed evrything...

Also limewire up the top bar says LimeWire: Enabling Open Information Sharing