View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2005
Novicius

phsdancer37 is flying high
Default Won't start, gives error message

Hi! I have had Limewire downloaded on my computer since about February. It has run fine, and I've downloaded any updates that come along.

I've had my computer on for about 2 days, and been running Limwire the whole time, downloading files, fine. Well I was downloading about 5 files this evening, and running AOL, when my comp. started acting funny, and it needed to be shut down. So I shut it down and restarted it. Well I go to start Limewire, and the icon has disappeared from the desktop, the freq. run programs, and is not listed in the start menu. So I looked it up under prog. files, and found it there, clicked it to start and it gave me this message---

"One or more necessary files appear to be invalid. This is generally caused by a corrupt installation. please try downloading Limewire again."

So I went to uninstall it under add/remove, and it wasn't there. I have no uninstall button anywhere. So I went to limewire.com to download it again, and it hangs about 1/3 of the way and stops, I've tried that 2 times now. It stops in the middle.

Just wondering what to do, and if I can get it running again, where I might be able to find the partially downloaded files I had been downloading.

Thanks for any help.