View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2005
On Holiday

Sphinx is flying high

like ukbobby suggested, protect yourself while online, use a firewall and an anti virus protection program at all times even when you're not on P2P. Ive bee using P2P for many years, got zapped by wrongly named files mostly but that was my error not LW's. Stay away from exe and very small files. Scan each file after downloading including music filves & videos. Limewire has never caused me any grief or mishaps. Mistakes do happen on the users part so, if you try it, just beware of what you're downloading from the Gnutella network. Users are flodding it with viruses but those can be avoided using the Limewire filters.

If downloading software/videosgames, I strongly suggest scanning it with an Anti Virus program first. and, beware, pirated software contains hidden trojans that can harm your pc.oh and its against forum rules to post titles of what you're downloading.

if you got a new computer, I suggest you put as much protection on your desktop as possible. dont open exe unless you scan them first.