View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2005
Gnutella Admirer

Morb is flying high
Thumbs down

Here's what I love (hate)...

Ever notice you can't set a default sorting on your search results? What's it set for? The most number of files. What has the most number of files on the network? SPAM!

Back in 2000 I think it was I ran the Gnutella program and it had a file size filter. IT'S AGE OLD TECHNOLOGY! Yet Limewire chooses not to implement such a useful feature into their program. Why? Because I bet they want people to see the spam, duh! I suggested almost a year ago these two requests and haven't seen anything remotely close to it happening.

It would be my guess that some Limewire employee or owner actually runs this Ipod spam site and it's in his best marketing interest to not put these features into the program. It's only speculation but what other reason could Limewire have to not actually give the people who feed them something that they want that would be such a cinch to integrate. I wouldn't even bother to make these suggestions. It's obvious Limewire isn't going to implement them.

The only time I actually run Limewire is when I go to bed because it's not even a computer friendly program. It freezes up everything and slows it down so much that I have to exit the program just to open up notepad or a browser window and not wait 5 minutes for the start menu to show. And this is on a 3Ghz P4 with 512mb of DRAM. No other program does this to my computer. I just had to shut it down to compose an email just 20 minutes ago. They hurt their own network by making such a retarded program. I share about 50GB of data that are no longer available to anyone because Limewire eats up too many resources. Shows how intelligent the Limewire programmers really are. And what the hell is this verifying file contents bullshit? It knocks half of the connections out plus the main connections to their network. Yes I’ve done the SP2 patch, blah blah blah. Why don’t you make the program compatible with common operating systems? That would just make too much sense… again. Don’t count on Limewire for sensible features here guys. Watch them delete this post, lol!