View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2005
Novicius

etravelslight is flying high
Default another success story :)

Thank you to everyone for encouraging me to get my money back! I received a notice from the bank today that $46.65 was being credited back to my account. Honestly, I found the whole scam to be really discouraging and I would not have bothered to dispute the transaction because I felt to dang stupid for getting suckered in the first place.

I did not even realized I had been scammed until weeks after I made my "purchase." Truthfully, I had barely any recollection of which site I visited. I failed to keep any record of my transaction and no record of that day was left in my browser.

All I had was my bank record of the transaction: "DIRECTDEBIT/VISA-WP-DOWNLOAD SOCIETMONTREAL", (which is disturbingly vague and apparently refers to some "musical instrument store" in Quebec) and my sad, sad story to tell.

I went ahead and disputed the transaction anyway and won!

I would not have done it without the knowledge and encouragement I found in this forum. THANK YOU!!

I can't imagine that it is possible to have less information than I had about my Limewire "purchase." When I inquired at a few of these sights about "refunds." (Trying to figure out which one I had unwittingly joined.) I received aggressively threatening and hostile responses which implied that challenging my membership or taking the dispute to my bank would cost me more money. By then I realized that their threats were entirely empty (like their memberships)and I confirmed with the bank that disputing the charge would cost me nothing.

IF YOU REALIZED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED- IT'S NOT TOO LATE- MAKE THE MOVES TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!
(and, more importantly, some self-respect).

I consider many valuable lessons well learned. Thank you all for your insight, experience, and wisdom.