View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Yes, thanks...

As Moak said: "thx [for XoloX]".

I may seem a little critical of it at times, generally due to the frustration level of crashes. But hey: I'm use XoloX as my primary gnutella client, so that says *something* for it.

At least, now that I'm running it under WinXP Pro, it doesn't cause my entire system to randomly reboot (as it does under Win2k Server). That makes it a little less infuriating to play with.

If I may make one *tiny* suggestion, it would be to put a public ETA on the next release. Then, stick with it and release, whether you have all the features you wanted in there or not. I haven't seen an update since I started using this thing, and that's not good (considering the number of catastrophic-level crashes all of my friends and I are seeing). The longer you leave it in this state, the more people are going to permanently associate it with the word 'buggy'.

I understand that its hard to get time to do these things; Lord knows I should have completely rewritten the Bliss32 interface by now. But, that's not a bug-type issue. When bugfixes are involved, I've found it best to make them quick and often (I've made bug-fix releases within 24 hours of learning of bugs in a new release and it *really* curbs the flames).

In closing: I think you're off to a good start, and I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to seeing future releases of XoloX.

Later!