View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2005
Apprentice

Kaptain75329 is flying high
Default FrostWire - Permissions Error?

Hello Everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with FrostWire that just started a few days ago. I'm getting an error that claims I do not have permission for the application to write to files. I don't know how else to explain it, but I'm posting a screenshot of what I'm seeing on startup.

Ordinarily, I'm not sure it would be a major issue, but it keeps displaying throughout the FrostWire session. I'm not sure if it's an issue with my machine configuration, or if it is a bug in the program. I do know that I am not seeing the error in LimeWire.

Steps Taken in an attempt to resolve the issue:
- Running as Admin.
- Verified Admin permissions.
- Verified System Permissions.
- Checked permissions of the "FrostWire" folder in Program Files directory. Full Control already granted to System and Admin. (No changes were made)
- Checked permissions of the ".frostWire" folder in Documents and Settings\(user) directory. Full Control already granted to System and Admin. (No changes were made)

Machine Specs:
- AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (Not Overclocked)
- 1 GB DDR400 RAM (Corsair XMS - Matched Pair)
- Abit AN7 w/nForce2 ChipSet (v5.10 Drivers)
- ATi All-In-Wonder X800XT (AGP; v5.9 Drivers)

- Windows XP SP2 (All Updates from Microsoft Update, including latest release from yesterday, 11/8/2005.)

Any suggestions I may have overlooked? Could this be a program bug, especially since it does not appear in LW?
Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Attached Thumbnails
FrostWire - Permissions Error?-fw-error.jpg