View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2005
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

So Kirsten

You went to a scam site, purchased a bogus copy of LW, gave the scammers your credit card or bank payment details, which they can use to extract further payments for the non-existent club you have joined.

You went on to say:
Quote:
Each day I am losing more and more computer programs as I seem to have picked something up from downloading music on the Limewire site.
Well, LW does not own a site you can download music from, it does not own a site you can download films or games from either so someone has been telling you lies and my guess is that you got this nonsense from the scammers (internet parasites) that took your money.

Now, normally I would advise you to get onto your bank or CC company and report that you have been the victim of a fraud perpetrated by a site specially set up to part novices (new internet users) from their money. However, since you have waited for over a month your payment provided will probably say you have waited too long before bringing this to their attention. But, I guess, you should still try and you should definitely change you payment details so that the scammers cannot extract any more of your hard earned money from you.

Finally, if you are going to buy, download or use software from the internet only go to the official site or else you could find yourself dealing with another set of internet parasites.

By the way, LW is available from here (and nowhere else):

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/download.shtml

UK Bob

PS. If you are a US resident you should report your dealings with the scam site here:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov

If more US citizens report these scam sites the FBI might be able to get them off the internet for good.

(Sorry UK Bob, I just fixed up your link)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; November 10th, 2005 at 06:10 AM.