View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2005
Apprentice

Jambora is flying high
Arrow Nuber of times Limewire "resumes" searching

I have a question, where I have done a preliminary search, but have not found either the appropriate question nor an answer:

When Limewire has finished downloading all the files it seems to have found and connected with, it then just sits there for hours on end. Is there a "time" allotted, wherein Limewire will go and "resume" or "find additional sources" from which to download, and perhaps start downloading files it hasn't downloaded for whatever reason?

So many times, I have found Limewire just sitting...for hours on end it seems, not doing anything.

I click, then "select all" then click "resume" and it starts looking all over again for the files remaining in my list of files to download. It will inevitably "find" some of these files, connect, and start downloading them!

Is there a specific amount of "time" that it waits before searching, or resuming...trying to find a place from which to download? If there is, is it adjustable? It seems there should be if there is not. I'd hate to think that the only alternative is to manually go to one's computer, and do as I indicated above...selecting all..and clicking "resume" etc.

Please help. How is this done/scheduled...or is it?

Thank you,

Jam