View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2005
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Scammers are intidimating scammed users

Scammers are plague. Here is the the case of Miss. X we helped over the FW mail account. See how vicious they are. On this case, the the scammer site is allcoolmusic and for now I'll edit scammer email address and name, but I don't think they deserve such protection.

Miss. X to FW support:
Quote:
So a company called Allcoolmusic did indeed scam me out of $35 for your program._ Then when I tried to get in contact with them, they did not respond._ So I filed a complaint on the website you recommended and they have followed up by filing complaints against me and my honest business._ What should I do?_ I cannot even find a phone number for these scummy people and they are sending me really hostile emails._ I have to tell you that it’s a little frightening.
FW support responded to Miss. X:
Quote:
They cannot do anything. They are a bunch of *******s and that's what they do as a living -- leeching hard earned money. If you filled the FBI form and have problems with the scammers, please tell us by email or on the gnutellaforums.com thread I linked you. We will then find a way to help you, but as I said, they are not able to do anything legit legally. Also call you credit card company to cancel your present one, scammers are indeed dangerous about that.
Miss. X later to FW support:
Quote:
I did call my credit card company and had to actually cancel the card because I was afraid that they were going to use it over and over. Can they somehow get my social security number from the card I used?_ I am so freaked out._ _They continue to send me nasty emails and not respond to my question of how to get my money back._ Here is the latest one when I said I was going to file a complaint on that FBI site:
(Scammers email to Miss. X)
Quote:
Likewise....we went ahead and submitted your company, name, phone number and fax machine to the same department of the FBI along with our claims against you. Thanks for screwing us over on our mortgage. oh and when you try and send a threatening letter, don't include your personal and/or company information. thats just silly.

Sincerely,
Edited: A scammer

AllCoolMusic Customer Care
Edited: the scammer@allcoolmusic.com
FW support to Miss. X
Quote:
Hi Melinda, I'm gonna show this email in the gnutellaforums thread, if you allow me to do so, so users can see how really vicious scammers are. No, they can't get your social security number with your CC card. If you want to email me all the threats they sent to you, I can make a special post about that on the forum thread too. People must be more informed about those illegal activities.