View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2005
Devotee

Weatherlite is flying high

Wow...finally!!!! It works!!!! Although it wasn't as easy as one would think. When I first went into the router it detected that the firmware was out of date so I went to the update site and took care of that. Well, that screwed up the router so I had no internet. After an hour on tech support they told me to reflash the bios with the original CD. Yeah right...that was almost two years ago! I don't have that damn thing! So, he told me where to download it. Does me a lot of good with no internet, huh?

So, I go to work and figure I'll get it there. Nope, their server is down. So I go to the library. They only have 3.5" no CD burners. So, I get some disks and create a spanned ZIP file. Get home and the disks aren't working. I go back and do it again. Come home and try to open the files. Doesn't work. Hmmm...I use WinRAR instead of WinZIP and RAR doesn't support spanned ZIPs!!! URGH!!! Luckily I had my daughter's computer nearby which did have WinZIP so I connected hers to the modem and worked from there.

After that I followed the port forward instructions and I'm now a happy camper (after several hours of torment after the modem died).

I've been playing with Phex since then and I must say I am impressed with it! I do like it much better than any of the other clients I've used thus far.

Thanks for helping me out on this one GregorK! I would have been stuck as a LW user otherwise! *shudder*