View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2005
Devotee

Weatherlite is flying high
Default Want to share some tips

Obviously I'm probably one of the least qualified people on here to offer tips on Phex but I still wanted to share with everyone (particularly those who will read this in the near future and are even newer than I).

Anyway, after finally getting a good connection and actually having incoming connections I would still only get the occasional good download. I'd try downloading all sorts of things and nada. Tonight I finally found something that works....I'm getting DL's on almost everything now. First, I re-ran the program located here http://trustyfiles.com/help-sw-xpsp2.php and I changed the number of consecutive connects to 100. I then changed the Phex max number of connects to 99 (the max).

Next, I allowed and forced my computer to be an ultrapeer (I have 1.5Mbps connection) and raised the number of connections considerably. Suddenly I had a lot more success. It wasn't enough though so I played around some more.

Next, I changed the connection timeout to 25 seconds. WOW! This made a big change! I guess some hosts don't connect within the 12 second default time because I got a hell of a lot better results.

Lastly I maxed out the number of global DL connections. This made a bit more difference.

Altogether this made a HUGE difference. Previously I would get MAYBE one download out of a hundred to work. Now, I'm getting probably 1 out of 4 and my bandwidth is usually maxed out as well.

I like success!