View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2005
Disciple

intanet is flying high
Default My searches are being followed

Hey,
I posted this in the wrong forum. I thought I'd try here for a solution.
There is a file that is 134.4 kbits where the guy imitates Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sex with Monica Lewinsky." It mascarades under different file names and lately, in so many files I search for, this file comes up under that name. I mean tonight I ran a search for Teddy Randazzo and Emilio Pericoli! Doesn't matter how obscure the search names, this file comes up under those names. It's following me in my searches. It seems the more obscure the file I search for, the more likely it comes up to catch you. When I tried to browse the host, that selection in the menu is greyed for these hosts. I blocked the user but it only blocks them from that particular search, not totally blocking them. I ran about 3 spyware programs, an anti virus search and an adware search and nothing came up. I found out that others are having this problem too and it is called a Trojan. Someone suggested that I block the file extension but if I did that then I wouldn't be able to download mp3 files. Someone else suggested that I notice the size of the file and not download the small file. But what I want to know is how do I locate the program or spyware or trojan they are using to know what I am searching and get rid of it?
Thanks for your help.

Here are the IP addresses that offer this file I blocked so far:

edited
It's like a never ending list.

Last edited by Peerless; November 16th, 2005 at 12:54 PM.